No one wants to find out that what was once a loving, trust-filled relationship is now tarnished by infidelity.
You may have suspicions about your spouse or significant other, but it can be hard to prove infidelity on your own. A licensed private investigator can help to uncover many of the signs of a cheating spouse. H7 Investigative Services works on infidelity cases throughout Santa Clarita, Antelope Valley, and the greater Los Angeles area.
One sign does not prove that a spouse may be cheating. If you have several of these, it may be time to face the reality that you’re dealing with a cheating spouse.
The following 50 Signs of a Cheating Spouse are meant to shed some light and let you know you are not alone.
50. Your spouse comes home from work smelling like cologne (woman) or perfume (man).
49. Claiming to work overtime but gets paid the same each pay period.
48. Picks fights that seem like a pretext to leave the house angry.
47. Your spouse takes a secret sick day or vacation day from work but they told you they were working that day.
46. You find a cell phone with a personal line that is billed to your spouse’s work office.
45. Your spouse begins immediately clearing out their incoming cell phone calls.
44. Your spouse suddenly deletes new emails when the inbox used to always be full.
43. Your wife or girlfriend has birth control pills when she knows you’ve had a vasectomy.
42. Your friends all of the sudden act strangely or hostile toward you.
41. Stops sharing personal conversations with you.
40. You find a secret email account.
39. A sudden lack of intimacy (other than just sex).
38. You find a secret cell phone.
37. You find condoms in your wife’s purse that are not your’s.
36. You find condoms in your husbands clothing but you’re on birth control.
35. Your spouse suddenly joins the gym without telling you why.
34. Your spouse starts accusing you of cheating and questions your loyalty.
33. Starts asking questions like, “Would you ever be able to love someone else?”
32. You find new underwear in their drawer that you didn’t know about.
31. He wants to keep the car seats and kids toys out of his car at all times.
30. Stops wearing their wedding ring.
29. Suddenly wants to be helpful around the house.
28. Unexplained scratches or bruises on their back, neck, or buttocks.
27. Your spouse suddenly stops wanting to have sex with you.
26. Your spouse suddenly wants much more sex than was normal.
25. Sudden changes in music preference.
24. Your spouse’s co-workers seem uncomfortable around you.
23. Suddenly concerned with their appearance.
22. Stays up late on the computer while you are asleep in bed.
21. Your spouse suddenly isn’t hungry for dinner anymore (because they had dinner with their lover).
20. Your spouse suddenly needs to be away for work trips more often.
19. You find lipstick on your husband’s shirt.
18. Your checking account has odd withdrawals or deposits.
17. You find small gift items in your spouse’s belongings that are not from you.
16. You find intimate apparel in your spouse’s purse or backpack.
15. Your spouse is more easily provoked to anger by you.
14. Your spouse won’t answer their cell phone and hides the number on caller ID.
13. Your spouse seems uninterested in around-the-house activities.
12. You have a “gut feeling” that something is not right in your relationship.
11. Your spouse speaks in whispers on the phone and hangs up when you come close by.
10. Your spouse is suddenly more excited and anxious to get out of the house alone.
9. You find your spouse sneaking out of the house.
8. Your spouse takes trips to the store that should last 20 minutes but ends up taking 5 hours with an unreasonable explanation.
7. Your spouse insists on always having their cell phone within arms reach, even while in the shower or restroom.
6. Your spouse suddenly buys you gifts on multiple occasions.
7. Your spouse answers your questions in short, one-word answers.
8. Constant texting without letting you see any of the conversation.
9. You see that your spouse consistently likes all of a new friends posts on social media.
7. Your spouse starts talking about an anonymous “friend” who is cheating (but won’t tell you who).
6. Sudden changes in wardrobe to more stylish clothing.
5. Your spouse gets defensive or angry whenever you ask about their day.
4. Your spouse over-explains the details of their day or whereabouts.
3. She sleeps with her purse next to the bed.
2. Your spouse asks you to stop doing nice things for them.
1. The number one sign of a cheating spouse – having to ask yourself the question in the first place.
If you’ve made it this far and some of these signs sound familiar, it may be time to get in touch with a professional licensed investigator.
If you live in Santa Clarita, Antelope Valley, or the greater Los Angeles area and you suspect your spouse of being unfaithful, contact H7 Investigative Services to conduct a thorough infidelity investigation.